This project is read-only.

PropertyGrid hosted in WinForms

Oct 1, 2009 at 8:37 AM

Has anyone tried hosting the WPF propertygrid in a WinForms application? It does not show up for me. Hosting the control in a WPF application works, but not in WinForms. I've created a user control with a property grid and a button the property grid is bound to via the Instance. Running under Debugger I can see the Instance being set, and the instance of PropertyCollection being called. But at the end - nothing on the screen, neither the property grid nor the button are displayed. I wonder if I am missing something here or there is a limitation of sort causing the issues between WPF and WinForms.... Any suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks!

--Peter

Oct 1, 2009 at 9:48 AM

Hi Peter,

Current version of WPG is too far from being a production tool as you may guess. But I'm going to release another version that may work for you under WinForms.

Please be patient :)

Tomer

Oct 1, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Thanks for your reply. I could not get it working so I eventually gave up and tried some other existing property grids, but none of them worked. A WPF property grid from MindShare failed to properly resolve the object hierachy (the regular WinForms PropertyGrid control has no issues), and the other one from ActiPro would not understand the custom editors so it would just display a string representation for the property for which I had a custom editor registered. So I am back trying to fix the existing PropertyGrid. My problem is that when the property grid is embedded into a user control which is embedded into a Form the PropertyGrid fails to properly handle some mouse clicks events related to the custom editors.

Oct 1, 2009 at 7:56 PM

It sounds more like WinForms-WPF interop issue than WPG issue.